Skip to main content

Concerned about a child?

If you’re worried that a child or young person is at risk of neglect, harm or abuse, it’s important that you tell someone. 

We’re not asking you to make judgements or interfere unnecessarily in other people’s lives, we just want to make sure that the child gets the help, support and protection they may need.

Who to tell

If you think the child is in immediate danger, call the police on 999.

  • Or Bedfordshire Police: 01234 841212
  • NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000

If the child's not in immediate danger, but you're still concerned about them, please contact us online:

Report a concern about a child

If you are unable to use the online form you can also contact us at the Integrated Front Door (previously known as MASH) by phone:

  • Tel: 01234 718700 (office hours)
  • Tel: 0300 300 8123 (out of hours)

All cases are treated in confidence by highly experienced staff who work with children and young people.