Parking in Bedford town centre is simple and convenient.
Due to the new national lockdown all our multi-storey carparks (except for Queen Street) are closed.
Parking will also be available at surface car parks including Riverside Car Park, St Mary's, Duckmill Lane, Ashburnham Road, Prebend Street and Melbourne Street, and on-street parking will be available as always.
- Up to 2 hours every Saturday in all Council town centre single and multi-storey car parks.
- All day every Sunday in Council-owned town centre car parks
- Every day after 6pm in all town centre car parks except for River Street
- Free on street parking after 6pm, Monday - Saturday except for Castle Lane which is 11pm
- First 2 hours parking free Monday to Saturday in Queen Street Car Park
You may still need to put a 'pay and display' ticket on your vehicle
New car parking
- Greyfriars Surface car park: 2 hours £2.00 pay and display (Maximum of 2 hours per stay)
- Prebend Street Surface car park: Ideal parking for the hospital.
- Borough Hall (Cauldwell Street): £1 all day, weekends only (£1 coin in barrier)
Late night parking
Allhallows, Lurke Street and River Street multi-storey car parks are open 24 hours, 7 days a week. Lurke Street and Allhallows car parks offer free parking from 6pm to 6am.
Parking is now free for up to 2 hours in all town centre multi-storey and surface car parks on Saturdays. This does not apply to on-street parking.
- Allhallows multi-storey car park
- Lurke Street multi-storey car park
- Queen Street multi-storey car park
- River Street multi-storey car park
- Duckmill Lane surface car park
- Greyfriars surface car park
- St Peter's Street surface car park
- St Marys Gardens
Car park season tickets
Season tickets are permits or passes that allow you to park in a particular car park. They are available for most car parks. A season ticket reduces the average price of daily parking. You pay for a season ticket in advance so there is no need to visit a pay machine at all.
Please note that a season ticket is only valid for the car park for which you have paid for.
Season car park tickets start at the first day of each month.
Download a car park season ticket application form here - you must use this option if you need us to send you an invoice.
You can renew a car park season ticket by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 01234 718057. Please tell us:
- your contact telephone number
- the car park you want to renew your permit for
- your vehicle registration
- the month you want to start from
ToiletsPublic toilets are available across the town centre. The first floor of River Street Multi Storey includes a ‘changing place’ toilet. The ‘Changing Place’ is open during the car park opening hours. For further details visit, public toilets
Avoid getting a fine
You must put a 'pay and display' ticket on your vehicle, even if the first 2 hours are free.
Check arrangements at the car park when you park your vehicle.
Displaying the free pay and display tickets helps us see how long vehicles have been parked for. This ensures a regular turnover of spaces and prevents abuse of the scheme.
If you want to park for longer than 2 hours, you will need to pay the relevant tariff.
Car parks map
Click the 'Parking' (P symbol) links on the map to access information and costs on each car park.