Skip to main content

Anti-social behaviour

Anti-social behaviour is defined as: “Acting in a manner that causes or is likely to cause harassment, alarm and distress to one or more persons not of the same household as the person causing the anti-social behaviour”.

Whilst some behaviours can be anti-social, they may not be the types of behaviour that we, or the police, can act upon. For example, young people socialising in the street may be causing you concern, but they may not be doing anything wrong.

We concentrate on anti-social behaviour issues that are persistent and having a detrimental effect on the wider community.

We do this by working in partnership with Bedfordshire Police, landlords and other partner agencies, putting in place long-term action plans to tackle issues robustly and sustainably.

Have you tried to resolve your issues yourself?

See our guide to the easy steps you can take to try and resolve any issues you may be having with neighbours.

Anti-social behaviour we can help with

  • Persistent behaviour that is having a detrimental effect on the quality of your life, and that of your neighbours.
  • Rowdy and inconsiderate behaviour linked to a property or location.
  • Exploitation of vulnerable individuals.
  • Long-term, multi-agency problems solving.

We complete a risk assessment for all cases taken on by us to ensure we are fully aware of any areas of vulnerability or concerns for the victims. We then share this information with Bedfordshire Police and partner agencies.

How to seek help with other issues

Contact Bedfordshire Police to report:

See our Environmental issues web pages to report:

  • littering 
  • dumped rubbish (fly-tipping)
  • abandoned cars 
  • noise nuisance

See our parking web pages to report nuisance parking.

See our rubbish, waste and recycling web pages to report all bin issues.

How to report anti-social behaviour

You can report ant-social behaviour to us here: 

Report anti-social behaviour 

Other ways to contact us


Telephone: 01234 276037

Contacting the Police

Call the Police if the offender:

  • is violent, threatening or abusive
  • is harassing you

Call 999 if you or someone else is in immediate danger, or if you think there is a crime in progress.

Call 101 to contact the Police if the incident is not an emergency.

You can also report it to the Police online

Neighbourhood Watch

Neighbourhood Watch is one of the most effective crime reduction initiatives in the UK and is recognized and recommended by the Council, the Police and the Fire and Rescue Service.